The Centre of Computer Education & Training was established under Institute of Professional Studies, University of Allahabad in December 2000. Initially it offered to University students short-term courses on Computer Basics, Programming, Hardware & Networking, Web Design and Computer-Aided Financial Management and training for DOEACC 'O' Level examination.
In 2006 the Centre was granted full accreditation by DOEACC Society (An autonomous body of Dept. of Information Technology, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi) for a period of 6 years to conduct DOEACC 'O' Level computer courses. Later in the year 2007 the centre also initiated Master of Computer Applications (MCA) and Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA).
- To provide a foundation in computing principles and business practices.
- To help students analyse problems in a wide range of applications.
- To provide educational and personality development facilities for preparing worthy citizens of tomorrow, hence, contribute to the growth of the society.
- To provide industry academia interface.
- To prepare students to undertake system development and expose them to enterprise software management methodologies.
- To conduct need based training programs & workshops.
- The Centre has air-conditioned computer labs with 200 computers in a networked environment.
- Eight lecture rooms, all lecture rooms are furnished with multimedia equipments.
- Physics / Electronics Lab for BCA students.
- Digital Hardware Labs.
- Microprocessor/ Micro-controller Lab.
- Network Experimentation Lab
- Library with over four thousand books
- Internet access facility:
- The entire university campus including the university hostels and the guest house has been networked. All the units and the departments in the various campuses have
- been linked through optical fiber cable.
- Computing Facilities and Labs:
The labs in the institute are modern and networked. It offers the students as well as the faculty good computing power on various platforms.
Scope of Employment
Students can opt for a career in application software development, testing and maintenance/as system analyst/DB administrator/as independent software developers or entrepreneurs.
Engagement with the Society
- In each semester the Centre, through its book bank provides a set of good text books to the students so that they may study well.
- The Institute is a member of the following societies of IEEE: IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Communi- cations Society, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, IEEE Information Theory Society, IEEE Control Systems Society, IEEE Signal Processing Society and IEEE Education Society.
- The Institute runs the student chapter of IEEE.
1. MCA(Master's of Computer Applications) Click to View Detailed MCA Syllabus
2. BCA(Bachelor of Computer Applications) Click to View Detailed BCA Syllabus
3. PGDCA(Post Gradute Diploma in Computer Applications) Click to View Detailed PGDCA Syllabus
4. DCA(Diploma in Computer Apllications)
IT Tools and Business Systems/ Internet Technology and Web Design.
Programming and Problem Solving Through 'C'/ Introduction to Multimedia, Application of .Net Technology, Introduction to ICT Resources.